Thursday, November 12, 2020

Day to day realities...


The kids helped me assemble the Christmas card mailing today.  It was wonderful assembly line fun. Mr. Ford would have been proud. Now, quality control did get a bit off track when I stopped for a snack. So if you get your card at all, consider yourself quite lucky. Kai Cooper thought it would be fun to see if I was paying attention and he didn't put a card in some envelopes.  I think I found all the empty envelopes...

If you are lucky enough to get an actual card and something is slightly amiss, now you now know why. Cormac got some of the mailing labels upside down, I think on purpose...

There are a few envelopes where Carrington got the stamp a bit too close to the corner and I fear they may stick to other mail and not be delivered on time. And finally,  if your card smells slightly of peanut butter, sorry, that was me.

.........................

I have some friends that have COVID in their households.  I'm helping them cope by offering to bring by adult beverages for the unaffected caretaking adult.  If someone in your household has COVID and you would like my special services, drop me a text.

.........................

It's after dinner and I'm playing my favorite cleanup game. It's called 'Guess The Correct Sized Container For Your Leftovers'. The scoring goes like this: 5 points if you guess the exact size you need. 3 points if you guess too big. And -3 if you guess too small and have, in the process, created more dishwashing. No throwing away of food is allowed nor last-minute eating of the extras. 

It's been a bad week for me and I'm down 18 points. It's a good thing that Sean does the after-dinner dishes...😂


No comments: